20 January 2014

Aristotle & Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe: Review


This is a story of friendship, growing-up, loyalty and love. It is a joy and a pleasure and I read with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.


Two Hispanic boys more dissimilar than alike, form a bond stronger than friendship, the kind that can teach a lesson to us all.

Whilst written for Young Adults, this is a book that is worth reading by adults too - the role we play in shaping the lives of our children is laid bare and resonates across generations. It forced me to want to be more honest and open, to support and not judge - particularly when my children get to trickier teenage times ahead.
I would recommend this to anyone struggling with the courage to be themselves, or anyone who wonders just whose rules we are living our life by.

If you like this, you will love:
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Every Day by David Levithan
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Paper Towns by John Green
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green